I've even upgraded my Phantom with a Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal recently; that required replacing the original main board.
For those interested in these upgrades I've documented both the hardware upgrade side, as well as the gory details of programming (or configuring) the T14SG transmitter. As there are quite some things to take care of, I've cut down the rather big topic into a series of blog articles:
- Phantom transmitter/receiver upgrade Futaba T14SG/R7008SB.
- Programming the T14SG for the Phantom.
- T14SG and the Phantom failsafe.
- T14SG Dual Rate.
- My T14SG switch assignments.
- Upgrading the Phantom with a Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal.
- T14SG Telemetry: programming the flight battery warning level.
- tag: aerial.